Sunday, July 24, 2011

BACON!!

     We bought a large 7 1/2 lb package of sliced bacon which actually came in a case of 15lbs. We ended up splitting it with my parents and it's a good thing we did! 


     Today we pulled the flat out of the fridge, pulled it apart into slices of 5, then cut them in half, repackaged them in quart sized freezer bags and piled them up in the freezer for later use. 


     So, why all the bacon?? 


     For one thing, it was a great price. And second, we can do so many things with it! I made BLT sandwiches with it for lunch today and they were so delicious! We can use it for diverse breakfast meals, cook and crumble it for salad toppers, chop it for soups, BLT's of course, sauces, use the drippings for soup, stews or baked beans. I'm sure there are probably some other things I can make with it but isn't it great that bacon can do so many things for you?! 


After it was all packaged back up for freezing, we had 22 bags of 10 halves. Yummy to my tummy!! A good way to save money and also prepare for future meals :) 

1 comment:

  1. I don't even remember when the last time I had bacon. It has been a long time, but it is delicious when I do eat it especially in a BLT sandwich. Now that is delicious.

    ReplyDelete